Thursday, October 2, 2008

We Will Not Adjust!

So last night after a rousing  game of LIFE in the Kiser house, Becky was understandably spent after spending an hour trying to figure out how to make ends meet with a Salesperson's salary of $20,000 dollars and lawsuits flying at her left and right (If you haven't played the game, I suggest you get the oldest version you can find.  It's funny really, because in the old game you bought insurance and actually had bad things happen to you where insurance would save your butt.  This game?  It's more on par with today's America, where insurance isn't needed and there are $100,000 nuggets of treasure dispersed throughout the board.  The only money that comes out of my bank is the $5,000 congratulatory money to the other player when he/she has a baby.  So get old versions of games, they'll help you in the future.)

Well she fell asleep as I was watching the news about the vote in the Senate about the bailout bill (which I still don't agree with even with all the tax breaks.  Maybe I'm dumb, but it's still 700 billion dollars.  If businesses can't make payroll because they have to borrow the money, then I don't think that's a very smart way to run your business.  STOP BORROWING.)  I digress...

Well, a Washington Mutual commercial came on TV and at the end of it I exclaimed, "And you don't exist..." while Becky then looked at me and said, "Thank you honey."

Confused, I said, "What'd you think I said".  She explained that she was having a dream and how the creditor was trying his best to get us into an adjustable rate mortgage.  Finally, I got so fed up in the dream that I yelled, "We will not adjust!" as I slammed our money on his table.  Ironically, I said this in exact unison with my "And you don't exist" comment in real life, prompting Becky to shower me with gratitude for once again protecting our family from misguided housing practices.

She's ever the encourager...


No comments: